The 2019 CEF Energy call closed on date 13 June 2019 with INEA receiving a total of 17 proposals in the areas of electricity, gas and cross-border carbon dioxide networks (breakdown below).
Admissibility and eligibility of the proposals will now be checked and the proposals will then be evaluated against the specific award criteria of the call. The entire evaluation process, which will involve external experts, is expected to be concluded by October 2019, when the results will be announced.
|Sector||Proposals received||Requested budget||Available budget|
|Total||17||€2.2 billion||€750 million|
The selected proposals will contribute to:
- Ending energy isolation
- Increasing competitiveness by promoting the integration on the internal energy market and the interoperability of electricity and gas networks across borders
- Enhancing the Union’s security of supply
- Integrating energy from renewable sources and developing smart energy networks
- Eliminating energy bottlenecks
- Completion of the internal energy market
- Contributing to sustainable development and protection of the environment, inter alia by the integration of energy from renewable sources and by the development of smart energy networks and cross-border carbon dioxide networks
The call opened for submission on 20 March 2019.