Urban mobility is undergoing one of the most transformational shifts of a generation. A successful strategy in the industry requires the adoption of a comprehensive and coherent approach, centered on innovative ventures that are disrupting this landscape.
While the pandemic has taken a heavy toll on the economy, the crisis has also encountered major opportunities for innovation.
In pursuit of leading positive change and business prosperity, EIT Urban Mobility is investing up to €100,000 per company in high-impact startups, scale-ups and SMEs to accelerate their journey, to continue critical innovation and to ultimately transform the European urban mobility landscape.
An EIT UM investment will not only provide you with capital but also position you in the venturing ecosystem and include you in our European partner network of Corporates, Investors, Universities and Cities.
Who qualifies for startup investment?
Startups, scale-ups and SMEs currently fundraising or preferably already in an ongoing funding round with the following characteristics:
- Incorporated not more than 10 years ago
- Less than 100 employees on their payroll in Q1, 2021
- Innovative Product/Service contributing to at least one of the EIT Urban Mobility Focus Areas: Active Mobility, Sustainable City Logistics, Creating Public Realm, Future Mobility and Mobility & Energy
- You can demonstrate that your company has successfully developed and commercialised products or services that represent a significant innovation in markets where value and monetization can be maximized
- You have the management and technical expertise, with the necessary resources to show that the company is economically viable
- Your company’s operations, products/services contribute positively to at least one of the EIT Urban Mobility’s Core Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs); SDG3, SDG7, SDG8, SDG9, SDG11 and SDG13
|Call opens||17 February 2021|
|Cut-off dates||1st cut-off date: 1 March 2021
2nd cut-off date: Q2 2021 (TBA)
3rd cut-off date: Q3 2021 (TBA)
4th cut-off date: Q4 2021 (TBA)
|12:00 PM CET|
|Evaluation period (Stage 1)||1 March – 5 March, 2021
|Timeframe dependent on number of eligible applications|
|Final Evaluation period with Virtual
Pitch, Q&A and Due Diligence.
|8 March – 12 March 2021 (preliminary)||Timeframe dependent on number of eligible applications|
|Final Selection and Outcome Notifications (Stage 3, 4 & 5)||15 March – 31 March 2021 (preliminary)||Outcome notifications for different selected applications will be made as they happen|
|Drawing-up Investment Documentation||April 2021|
|Investment Formalization and
Transfer of Funds
|April 2021 – May 2021|
Source: EIT Urban Mobility