As part of Supernovas, the Rocket-up programme has opened a call for female-led startups to support their access to new European regions. Ten startups will be selected to participate in the activities, which will promote international outreach and sales to the most innovative ventures. The deadline for the call is 19 June 2022.
Gender balance in the entrepreneurial ecosystem has been historically poor with male founders accounting for most successful international companies. Accessing new markets can be more difficult for women due to normally having fewer connections. Through activities like Rocket-up we support ventures to achieve growth, as part of our compromise to reach gender balance in the European startup ecosystem.
Rocket-up is a 3-month programme that supports women-led startups in accessing a new country or region by connecting them with experts and networking opportunities all around Europe. We seek mature startups based in the EU or EU related countries, that add to the Sustainable Development Goals and address challenges related with EIT Urban Mobility, EIT Manufacturing or EIT Food focus areas.
The programme offers:
- Internationalisation squad: Tailored and individual mentoring with three handpicked local experts for a new market entry
- Organised mission: Introductions with potential stakeholders of the preferred target city
- Online group events: Four online events with training activities, successful female entrepreneurs as speakers and opportunities for networking and connection with other entrepreneurial women.
- EIT pan-European network: Access to the EIT network (including European cities, industries partners, investors) and financial opportunities
- Visibility: More visibility of the startups through EIT communication channels as an EIT Community supported venture
The programme is held inside Supernovas, a project of EIT Food, EIT Urban Mobility and EIT Manufacturing, that aspires to promote a more gender balance entrepreneurial ecosystem. Applications are done via AwardsForce.