Android users can check out some of the games using Immersion’s technology now in Google Play.
Those games will be featured in a new section of Google Play launching today called “Enhanced Gameplay,” where Google highlights some of the best games that interact with a player on a haptic level.
One demo had six different types of balls, and you could switch between them and see how each felt as it bounced around the screen. There was a perceptible difference between the feeling of a basketball and a marble. Whats more, you could even tell where the virtual ball was on the screen when you looked away, an impressive feat given that the motor producing the vibrations is located at the top of the phone.
Games in the Enhanced Gameplay collection include:
- Angry Birds Friends by Rovio Entertainment Ltd.
- Archery Tournament and Basketball Tournament by Fat Bat Studios
- Clouds & Sheep and Ninja Hero Cats by HandyGames
- Drag Racing and Nitro Nation Stories by Creative Mobile
- Fishing Superstars: Season 3 by GAMEVIL Inc
- Hero Siege by Panic Art Studios
- Orbital Free by bitforge Ltd.
- Solo Air by Coding Caveman
- The Spookening by Modesty
- Trials Frontier by Redlynx, a Ubisoft studio