MEDICAL JAPAN 2020 OSAKA – 6th Int’l Medical and Elderly Care Expo Osaka
B to B Trade Show Covering All the Products/Services/Technologies in the Healthcare Industry!
MEDICAL JAPAN, consisting of 6 specialised shows: Medical Devices & Hospital Equipment Expo, Hospital BPO Services Expo, Medical IT Expo, Elderly Care & Nursing Expo, Community Care Expo and Medical Device Development Expo, is the Japan’s leading trade show. With the great support from The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare in Japan, MEDICAL JAPAN is gathering attention. A large number of medical and elderly care experts will visit and have active negotiations/consultations with the exhibitors at the venue.
Why Exhibit? (Japanese medical market)
1. World’s 3rd Largest Market with a Huge Number of Medical Facilities
Japan is the world’s 3rd largest medical market! In addition, the high rate of aging population results in expansion and construction of new hospitals and elderly-care facilities. This trend leads to the expansion of the medical industry.
2. Huge Amount of Imported Medical Devices = JPY 1,424 Billion (USD 13.1 Billion)
The Japanese medical device market relies heavily on imported products. The annual sales amount of medical devices in Japan was JPY 2,748 billion (USD 25.2 billion) (2015), 52% of which were imported products.
3. Japan’s national strategy to nurture the medical industry
The Japanese Government selects the medical industry as a priority sector and to nurture it, is pushing overall reform. Easing of regulations and launches of new projects are activating the Japanese medical industry.
- Establishment of Japan Agency for Medical Research and Development (AMED) (In April 2015)
- Enacting Regenerative Medicine Law
- Revision of the Pharmaceutical Affairs Law related to Medical Equipment