Plant managers can use semiconductors known as field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), as well as Intel’s portfolio of core hardware and software, to help factory operators accelerate their IIoT innovation and arrive at the goal of Industry 4.0 – a more secure, connected, interoperable, efficient and safe operation.
Intel and its technology partners will demonstrate FPGA-based advancements as follows:
- Miniaturized Smart Factory featuring the critical elements needed to support a factory floor to enterprise architecture, including enterprise analytics, real-time control, connectivity (TSN), interoperability (OPC UA) and end-to-end security (SSL) features.
- Innovative, time-saving motor control algorithm development environment presented by Intel and Mathworks* in a live demonstration of the features and capabilities of such a workflow on real hardware.
- New multi-axis motor/motion/energy development platform enabling quick, flexible application development. Platform features include dual-axis configuration, bi-directional converters and multiple feedback options.
- Vision platform highlighting capabilities in machine vision, image processing and video transport. The platform offers scalable image processing that can be implemented in hardware or software (programming in Open CL, Open CV and Open VX).
- Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) platform that provides real-time, deterministic, performance critical for high-speed, precise control applications using an innovative graphical user interface (GUI) employed to schedule/configure TSN network elements.
- Secure endpoint featuring hardware-accelerated security operations. This solution provides a trusted execution environment facilitating a hardware root of trust for security operations.
- Safety application featuring a robot arm controlled by a software processor running on an FPGA, demonstrating advanced safety modes such as SS1, SS2.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) expands the boundaries of technology to make the most amazing experiences possible. Information about Intel can be found at intel.com.
Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.