Haptic R&D Consulting is excited to announce its participation in the upcoming International Aerospace Days Berlin 2022, which will take place during the ILA Berlin 2022 event. The conference will provide a unique opportunity for industry professionals to connect with each other through various events, such as international matchmaking meetings, thematic guided tours, and engaging talks on innovation topics.
Haptic sense is a crucial aspect of customer satisfaction, particularly in the airline industry where companies compete to provide the most comfortable and enjoyable experience for passengers.
Implementing haptic solutions can greatly improve the customer experience in the airline industry. Here are some ways haptic technology can enhance the following 15 recommendations to improve customer satisfaction:
- Implement more flexible seating arrangements to improve comfort – Haptic feedback can be used to improve the comfort of seats by providing vibrations that correspond to the passenger’s posture and weight distribution. This can help prevent discomfort and soreness during long flights.
- Automate the disinfecting process for bathrooms on the plane – Haptic sensors can be installed in the bathrooms to detect when they need to be cleaned and automatically initiate the disinfecting process.
- Redesign overhead baggage bins – Haptic feedback can be integrated into the design of overhead bins to ensure they are easy to access and close, reducing the likelihood of luggage falling out and causing injuries.
- Implement a more personalized cabin environment through seat height and temperature adjustments capabilities – Haptic sensors can be used to adjust the temperature and height of the seat according to the passenger’s preferences and comfort levels.
- Use analytical models to optimize flight schedules and time buffer between flights – Haptic simulations can be used to analyze data and optimize flight schedules for maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Use an artificial intelligence-based approach to monitor equipment health – Haptic sensors can be used to monitor the health and performance of equipment on the plane, ensuring that any issues are detected and addressed promptly.
- Introduce a more flexible booking policy (i.e., no cancellation charge, no change fee, upfront information about costs) – Haptic interfaces can be used to provide customers with more information about their booking options, making it easier to understand and choose the best option.
- Provide ticketing agents with better task clarifications, performance-based feedback, and social praise to better improve morale and interactions with customers – Haptic feedback can be used to provide real-time feedback to ticketing agents, helping them improve their performance and customer interactions.
- Install more accurate luggage tracking systems by using RFID tags in lieu of regular barcode tags – Haptic feedback can be used to track luggage more accurately, making it easier to locate and retrieve lost items.
- Provide more frequent and automated baggage related updates to passengers’ phones – Haptic notifications can be used to provide passengers with real-time updates on their baggage status and location.
- Use biometrics and blockchain technology to remove the need to present several identification documents at multiple checkpoints. This would eliminate the need for passengers to show a boarding pass, passport and ID – Haptic sensors can be used to scan and identify passengers without the need for multiple documents, making the boarding process faster and more convenient.
- Implement haptic feedback in seats to provide passengers with alerts and notifications, such as when the seatbelt sign is turned off or when it’s time to adjust their seat for takeoff and landing.
- Use haptic technology in cabin lighting to create a more calming and relaxing environment for passengers. Haptic lighting can be used to mimic natural light, which can help passengers adjust to time zone changes and reduce jet lag.
- Install haptic sensors in lavatory faucets, soap dispensers, and toilet flush buttons to provide a touchless and hygienic experience for passengers. This can reduce the spread of germs and bacteria and create a more pleasant overall experience for passengers.
- Use haptic technology to create a more immersive in-flight entertainment experience for passengers. Haptic feedback can be used to enhance the audio and visual components of in-flight entertainment, creating a more engaging and enjoyable experience for passengers.
Our goal is to provide airlines with a better understanding of their customers’ needs. With recent security incidents, it is crucial for airlines to take customer feedback seriously and make necessary improvements. Our haptic technology can help them hear the voice of the customer, even for larger airlines, by analyzing and streamlining textual information in an automated process.
Haptic solutions emphasized that understanding customers’ perspectives is essential for improving the air travel experience. While stakeholders and employees may have a deep understanding of the business, it is the customers who hold the key to enhancing the product. Our haptic approach can reveal valuable insights from the target audience, providing airlines with the tools to make necessary changes and improve customer satisfaction.